Yuan-Yao Lin Assistant Professor
- Name: YuanYao Lin
- Specialty：Noninear Optics, Solitons, Optical Vortex, Nonlinear Dynamics, Laser Physics, Laser Chaos, Quantum Optics
- Laboratory ：Theorectical Optoelectronic Lab.
- Position /Job Title/Affiliation
National Sun Yat-sen University
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone number： (07)5252000#4431
- Areas of Expertise
- Laser science, nonlinear optics, nonlinear transverse effects
- optical vortex, structure lights
- optical system modeling and numerical simulations
- image and signal processing
Prof. YuanYao Lin received his bachelor degree and master degree of engineering from the EE Department at National Tsing-Hua University (NTHU) in 2001 and in 2003, respectively. In 2008, he completed his study for doctorate degree from the Institute of Photonics Technologies at NTHU. During 2009 to 2010, he was funded by the National Science Council as a Postdoctoral Research Scholar and continued research work on nonlinear optics, solitary waves and transverse effects laser system, nonlinear crystals and also in condensates of atomic gases. In 2011 he worked as Assistant Research Scholar of National Science Council and Assistant researcher of EE department at NTHU to host a 3-year research project. He was recognized by International Union of Radio Science (URSI) and received Young Scientist Award in 2013. Since 2014, he joined the Department of Photonics at National Sun Yat-Sen University (NSYSU) as an assistant professor. During the past few years he extend his research work from pure theoretical modeling of nonlinear system to experiments on laser systems in which very rich nonlinear effects can be explored. His current research interests cover optical vortices, structured lights and chaotic dynamics in nonlinear laser system, nonlinear waveguide devices, optical image and signal processing and diffractive optical element designs.
- Chung-Lun Wu, Yung-Jr Hung, RanRan Fan, Ding-Hsin Ou, Jen-Yang Huang, Tzu-Hsiang Yen, Yi-Jen Chiu, Min-Hsiung Shih, Yuan-Yao Lin, Ann-Kuo Chu, and Chao-Kuei Lee (2019, Mar). Tantalum pentoxide (Ta2O5) based athermal micro-ring resonator. OSA continuum, 2(4), 1198-1206.
- ANN-KUO CHU, YU-YAN LU, AND YUAN-YAO LIN (2019, Feb). Fabrication and analysis of tantalum pentoxide optical waveguide resonator of high thermal stability. Optics Express, 27(5) 6629-6639.
- Yuan-Yao Lin*, Wei-Heng Song, Peng Lee, Yi-Ran Wang, Han Zhang and Chao-Kuei Lee (2018, Dec). Dynamic cavity effects in topological insulator Bi2Te3 based passive Q-switched solid state laser. Journal of Physics Communications (IOP science), 2, 125007.
- Yuan-Yao Lin* , Chia-Chi Yeh, Hsien-Che Lee, Shang-Lin Yang, Jhih-He Tu and Chun-Po Tang (2018, Jun). Optical vortex lasers by the coherent superposition of off-axis multiple-pass transverse modes in an azimuthal symmetry breaking laser resonator. Journal of Optics, 20, 075203.
- Chung-Lun Wu, Jen-Yang Huang, Ding-Hsin Ou, Ting-Wei Liao, Yi-Jen Chiu, Min-Hsiung Shih, Yuan-Yao Lin, Ann-Kuo Chu, and Chao-Kuei Lee (2017, Nov). Efficient wavelength conversion with low operation power in Ta2O5 based micro-ring resonator. Optics Letters, 42, 4804.
- YUAN-YAO LIN,CHUNG-LUN WU, WEN-CHUN CHI, YI-JEN CHIU, YUNG-JR HUNG,ANN-KUO CHU AND CHAO-KUEI LEE (2016, Sep). Self-phase modulation in highly confined submicron Ta2O5 channel waveguides. OPTICS EXPRESS, 24(19), 21633.
- Yuan-Yao Lin, Peng Lee, Jin-Long Xu, Chung-Lun Wu, Che-Min Chou, Chao-Yang Tu, Mitch M. C. Chou, and Chao-Kuei Lee (2016, Aug). High-Pulse-Energy Topological Insulator Bi2Te3-Based Passive Q-Switched Solid-State Laser . IEEE Photonic Journal, 8(4), 1502710.
- Chao-Kuei Lee, Yuan-Yao Lin, Gong-Ru Lin, Chung-Lun Wu, Tsung-Han Wu, Chin-Jung Chuang, and Ci-Ling Pan (2016, Mar). Pre-Chirped Pulse Excitation Enhanced Terahertz Radiation. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON TERAHERTZ SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 6(2), 253-261.
- CHUNG-LUN WU , YI -JEN CHIU , CONG-LONG CHEN, YUAN -YAO LIN, ANN -KUO CHU , and CHAO -KUEI LEE* (2015, Oct). Four-wave-mixing in the loss low submicrometer Ta2O5 channel waveguide. OPTICS LETTERS, 40(19) p.p. 4528-4531.
- Chung-Lun Wu,Bo-Tsang Chen, Yuan-Yao Lin, Wei-Chen Tien, Gong-Ru Lin, Yi-Jen Chiu, Yung-Jr Hung, Ann-Kuo Chu, and Chao-Kuei Lee* (2015, Sep). Low-loss and high-Q Ta 2 O 5 based micro-ring resonator with inverse taper structure. OPTICS EXPRESS, Vol. 23, No. 20 pp.26268-241741.
- Ming Shen, Yonan Su, Ray-Ching Hong, YuanYao Lin, Chien-Chung Jeng, Ming-Feng Shih, and Ray-Kuang Lee (2015, Feb). Observation of phase boundaries in spontaneous optical pattern formation. Physical Review A, 91, 023810.
- Chao-Kuei Lee, Yuan-Yao Lin, Sung-Hui Lin, Gong-Ru Lin, and Ci-Ling Pan (2014, May). Chirped-pulse manipulated carrier dynamics in low-temperature molecular-beam-epitaxy grown GaAs. Applied Physics Letters, 104, 172105 (2014).
- E. S. Sedov, A. P. Alodjants, S. M. Arakelian, You-Lin Chuang, YuanYao Lin, Wen-Xing Yang, and Ray-Kuang Lee (2014, Mar). Tunneling-assisted optical information storage with lattice polariton solitons in cavity-QED arrays. PHYSICAL REVIEW A, 89, 033828.
- Wan-Tien Chao, Yuan-Yao Lin, Jin-Long Peng, and Chen-Bin Huang (2014, Feb). Adiabatic pulse propagation in a dispersion-increasing fiber for spectral compression exceeding the fiber dispersion ratio limitation. Optics Letters, 39(4), 8530856.
- Shou-Tai Lin, Shang-Yu Hsu, Yen-Yin Lin and Yuan-Yao Lin (2013, Jun). Selectable Dual-Wavelength Actively Q-Switched Laser by Monolithic Electro-Optic Periodically Poled Lithium Niobate Bragg Modulator. IEEE Photonics Journal, 5 (5), 1501507.
- Kuan-Hsien Kuo, YuanYao Lin*, and Ray-Kuang Lee (2013, Mar). Thresholdless crescent waves in an elliptical ring. OPTICS LETTERS, 38(7) 1077-1079.
- Chandroth P. Jisha, YuanYao Lin, Tsin-Dong Lee, and RKL * , "Crescent Waves in Optical Cavities," Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 183902 (2011).
- YuanYao Lin*, I-Hong Chen, and Ray-Kuang Lee, ’Few-cycle self-induced-transparency solitons,’ Phy. Rev. A, 83, 043828 (2011).
- Chien-Chung Jeng, YuanYao Lin, Ray-Ching Hong, and Ray-Kuang Lee, “Optical Pattern Transitions from Modulation to Transverse Instabilities in Photorefractive Crystals,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 153905 (2009).
- Wen-Xing Yang* , YuanYao Lin, Tsin-Dong Lee, Ray-Kuang Lee, and Yuri S. Kivshar, ”Nonlinear localized modes in bandgap microcavities,” Opt. Lett. 35, 3207 (2010)
- “VORTEX LASER GENERATION DEVICE IN DEGENERATE CAVITY WITH SPIRAL PHASE ELEMENT AND VORTEX LASER GENERATION METHOD,” US Patent appl. No. 16/025,358, officially approved 2019.01.03.